- All clothes must be on a hanger.
- Hang items with the hook pointing to the left and the index card on the right shoulder if you are facing it. (Make a question mark with the hanger.)
- You may use any hangers you have, including wire hangers.
- You will place your items on the racks. Grouping by size and gender will make drop off go faster.
- Only up-to-date, current fashion clothing items are accepted.
- Inspect your items carefully. Clothes that are outdated, soiled, stained, faded or with holes will not be accepted. CCC reserves the right to deny any unacceptable items.
- Pants, skirts, shorts, bloomers, etc. should be hung at the waist at the top of the hanger. They should look like they are hung on a skirt hanger. This prevents them from sliding on the hanger and falling on the floor.
- Sets are put together on the same hanger, with bottoms pinned to the hanger at the waist with the right side facing outward. (both pieces can be viewed without unpinning the garment)
Shoes and Loose Items
- Place these items in ziploc type bags. (bibs, burp cloths, bows, socks, cars, ponies, infant toys, etc.)
- Index card goes INSIDE the bag. (you may use tape or a safety pin)
- We suggest using clear packing tape for securing the bags closed. This prevents “little” hands from reaching in.
- If shoes are too large, you may tie/attach them together. (use zip ties, ribbon, yarn, etc.)
- Laces and shoes must be in excellent condition. We get lots of shoes, and only the best sell.
Toys, Furniture, Equipment
- Please check all items against the CPSC recall website before bringing them to us. CCC will not knowingly sell recalled items.
- Items must be in working order and clean. Working batteries must be included with all battery operated items.
- Small parts should be bagged and taped to the main part very securely. Use HEAVY tape. A packers tape is the best.
- Use clear packing tape for securing the bags closed so “little” hands can’t reach in.
Books, Puzzles, Movies
- Books sell well, especially when bundled together in a ziploc bag.
- Puzzles must have all the pieces. Use saran-wrap to cover the pieces in place then tape it and the index card to the back.
- Movies must be G or PG. Very few VHS movies still sell.
Bedding, Sheets, Blankets, Towels
- We no longer accept any bedding. Sheets and baby blankets are allowed.
- As much as possible, place items in a clear, see-through bag. (Dollar Tree has ziploc type big bags 3/$1).
- Be sure to include the size (toddler, twin, etc.) on the index card.
- Blankets should also be in a bag.
- Toddler/children’s towels are accepted.
- We do not accept decorative pillows.
If you have any questions, you can check this list of what we sell, or email us email@example.com